My favourite salad is the Cobb Salad. It can be made in so many different ways and it is a meal all by itself. I made a Cobb Salad last year and it was a big hit with everyone in the house! Today I made a different variation of the Cobb Salad that I enjoyed even more than the last one.
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce chopped
- 3 cups baby romaine lettuce
- 1 sweet bell pepper cut into bite size pieces
- 1 avocado cut into squares
- 6 slices bacon cut into 1" squares and fried
- 2 hard boiled eggs sliced.
- 1/2 cup feta cheese I used herbed feta cheese crumble
- Salad dressing of your choice
Find a large serving dish and spread the two lettuces on the bottom.
Spread the chopped bell pepper and avocado on top of the lettuce.
Evenly distribute the bacon on top, followed by the eggs slices.
Top with the feta cheese crumble.
Serve with the salad dressing of your choice.
Serves 2 as a meal or 6 as a side.
I had this as a side dish one day and as lunch the next. It was delicious with ranch dressing.