Have you ever wondered what Canadians are searching for online? Well wonder no more, because Bing has compiled a list of the Top 50 Canadian search terms! While some of these were very predictable, even if we wish they weren’t (Rob Ford anyone?), others were a little surprising. Who would have thought that Calliou would make the list? Other interesting findings include:
- Rob Ford outranks Bieber, although both make the top 10
- Canadians are committed to their teams: almost 30 per cent of the top 50 search terms relate to sports
- All NHL, NBA and MLB teams are included in the top 50, as well as numerous searches related to the Olympics
- Canadians are looking to travel: Air Canada ranked second, while more than 1/5 of searches in the top 50 related to Canadian cities, local tourist destinations, and means to get there
- Housing prices rise, Canadians get strategic: MLS and OLG are ranked third and fourth, adding to speculation that you need to win the lottery to afford a house
You can view the complete list in this infographic.
One of my lucky readers will win a gift basket geared towards the Top 50 Canadian searches. The gift basket, valued at more than $100, features items from many of the list’s top 10 and is sure to get Canadian’s ready for summer!
- $25 gift card for Canadian Tire, #1 on the list
- Leather luggage tag, thanks to Air Canada’s #2 spot
- $10 in scratch tickets from OLG, #4 on the list
- $20 donation to The Nature Conservancy of Canada, thanks to Environment Canada’s # 5 spot
- Set of 4 HBC Collection patio glasses from The Bay, #6 on the list