Being a parent of a child with serious health issues has opened my eyes to the many wonderful organizations and charities out there for families like ours. One of those organizations is the Children’s Miracle Network. Twelve Children’s Miracle Network Champions were honoured for their bravery in battling life-threatening illnesses and injuries with a visit from Ben Mulroney from CTV’s ETALK and Adam van Koeverden, Olympic kayaker at the Ripley’s Aquarium in Toronto.
Children’s Miracle Network’s Champions presented by Walmart celebrates the lifesaving work at children’s hospitals across the country. The 12 Canadian Champions selected as ambassadors for each of the member hospitals across Canada visited Toronto en route to Orlando, Florida. In Florida, the children will meet Champions representing more than 50 children’s hospitals from across the United States.
That is an incredible honour for those children, and for their families. I’m sure it brings them a lot of happiness to see their children be recognized and get these opportunities, made possible by Walmart. Since 1994, Walmart Canada and its associates have donated and raised more than $90 million to Children’s Miracle Network.
The 2014 Children’s Miracle Network Champions are:
- Hans Gabriel Rana, 6, BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, Congenital Heart Defect
- Violet McDonald, 4, Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation, Cataract, Detached Retina and Hearing loss
- Ben Woodlock, 6, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, Kidney Disease
- Aidan Bohle, 12, Children’s Hospital Foundation of Saskatchewan , Cholesteatoma
- Aiden Anderson, 9, Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba, Kartagener Syndrome and Situs Inversus with Dextrocardia
- Andie Morrison, 7, Children’s Health Foundation, Diamond-Blackfan Anemia
- Jessica Wilson, 15, McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation, Stricture in Esophagus
- Jordan Jeyananthan, 10, The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), Stroke from an Intracranial Hemorrhage due to an Arteriovenous Malformation
- Annie Underhill, 16, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Foundation, Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia; Eosinophilic Fasciitis
- Eloïse Beaupré, 15, Opération Enfant Soleil, Humoral Immune Deficiency, Arthritis and Celiac Disease
- Frédérique Ouellette, 12, MK Health Centre Foundation, Neurofibromatosis
- Brooke Gidge, 9, Janeway Children’s Hospital, Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
For complete patient profiles please visit: http://childrensmiraclenetwork.ca/About/Champions