I enjoy cooking, but I don’t enjoy the mess that comes with it. I tend to shy away from recipes that require me to use multiple appliances and dishes. Who wants to spend an hour washing appliances after already spending that time preparing a meal?The Breville Handy Mix Scraper solves some of those problems for me. It comes equipped with BPA-free scraper beaters, twin balloon whisks and dough hooks. By simply switching out the accessories I can accomplish multiple tasks without making a huge mess.
The scraper beaters are fantastic. They mix to the edge of the bowl without all of the clanging, and I don’t need to follow them with a spatula. The dough hooks allow me to make dough without kneading it by hand, and the whisks are perfect for whipped cream.
The Handy Mix Scraper™ with Beater IQ™ knows which beaters you’re using and automatically adjusts the ratio to suit what you’re mixing. That is a handy option!
Breville Handy Mix Scraper
I used my Handy Mix Scraper to make one of my family’s favourite side dishes, a Potato & Cheese Bake.
Potato & Cheese Bake
- 6 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup cream
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 250 grams cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup creamy cucumber salad dressing (ranch dressing also works)
- 1 tsp salt
- sprinkle of parsley flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Boil the potatoes until soft enough to mash.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the cream to the potatoes and mash with a hand masher.
- Add 1/2 cup mozzarella to the bowl.
- Add the salad dressing, butter, salt and cream cheese to the bowl. Mix on low/medium until creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to the casserole dish.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and the parsley.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
I serve this with roast beef and it’s always a winner! We enjoy it extra creamy, but if you would prefer it a little less cheesy, you can reduce the cream cheese in the recipe to half. Either way, this is a rich recipe, so I save it for special occasions.
The Breville Handy Mix Scraper made it easy to get the texture I wanted without making a big mess in a blender or food processor.