Handheld gaming is still alive and well. My daughter has been enjoying the Nintendo 3DS XL since she received it months ago. It gives her a chance to work her small motor skills and have some fun in the process.
With the Nintendo 3DS XL, bigger will always be better. The dual screens are 90% larger than the original 3DS, while the upper one can display your games with cool 3D visuals without needing special glasses to see them.
- The top screen is 4.88″ and bottom screen is 4.18″ (both measured diagonally) for a larger-than-ever portable gaming experience
- Use the stylus on the bottom touchscreen to control games, and see 3D visuals on the top to give your world true depth; you can turn the 3D effect up, down or off completely
- Enjoy up to 6.5 hours of playing 3D games, and up to 10 hours of playing standard 2D DS games
- The circle pad offers 360 degrees of direction for easy navigation
- Built-in motion and gyro sensors react to your every move as you tilt and twist your device
- One camera points at you, while two other cameras face outward; the two outward cameras can capture 3D photos and videos
- Listen to your MP3 or AAC music files with Nintendo 3DS sound
- StreetPass feature lets you exchange game info, like maps and character details, with other systems
- SpotPass is capable of connecting to hotspots or your home’s wireless network so you can get new content and updates
- Built-in parental controls
- SD memory card slot (4GB SD memory card included)
One of my lucky readers will win a Nintendo 3DS XL of his/her own (Christmas delivery can not be guaranteed) and a game (not specified).