Eating keto doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy our Thanksgiving dinner. In fact, it can mean that we treat ourselves to even more delicious food because it’s full of fat, which means it’s full of flavour! These cheesy stuffed mushroom caps are no exception! Creamy, flavourful and delicious, these little mouthfuls of flavour will have your guests wanting more.
Cheesy Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- 24 whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Clean mushrooms and carefully break off stems.
- Discard the tough ends of the stem, and chop the rest until they are chopped fine.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems, fry until there is no moisture left, taking care not to burn the garlic. Set aside to cool.
- When garlic and mushroom mix is cooled, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper and onion powder. Mixture should be very thick.
- Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps