I just returned home from Beaches Turks and Caicos for the fourth annual Social Media on the Sand conference. It was my second trip to this kid friendly resort and my third time to a Beaches resort. I first visited Beaches Turks and Caicos in 2015 for the same conference. On this trip I traveled with my husband and three youngest children. My second Beaches visit was to Beaches Negril for the social media on the sand conference. On this trip I brought all four of my children, with my oldest there to take care of the younger kids while I was unavailable. This time I brought my mother for her first visit to the Caribbean and some much-needed relaxation. I’m happy to report that she enjoyed herself and loved Beaches just as much as I do.
13 Reasons I love Beaches
- Beaches resorts are for families. They cater to all ages with kids’ clubs, nannies, character greetings, the Xbox lounge,suites and so many activities for adults.
- They do families well because they know families. Beaches is a family owned and operated business. Starting with one hotel in Jamaica, Butch Stewart grew a successful brand and set the standard for resorts around the world.
- The Sandals and Beaches resorts were the first to introduce alarm clocks, safes, hair dryers and cable TV in rooms. They had the first swim-up bars and they were the first to offer butler service. They continue to lead the way with the continued evaluation of their services,ecological practices and innovations.
- Beaches offers a truly all-inclusive service starting with the shuttles and luggage handling at the airport. Not an a la carte service, you can be sure that dining, kids’ programs, water activities,gratuities and drinks are all included at their resorts.
- Beaches is a safe place for families with food allergies and special dietary needs. Chefs work with them to ensure they enjoy their meals without worry.
- Beaches has a partnership with Sesame Street.Their characters do special dining, bedtime stories and meet and greets around the resort.
- All Beaches staff take part in Autism training and certification, so that neurodiverse children and their families can also have an enjoyable vacation.
- Water sports are a big part of the Beaches experience. At the resorts you can take part in swimming, snorkeling, sailing,scuba, scuba diving and PADI certification and more!
- The chefs at the various restaurants are either from the country represented (ie. Italian or French restaurants) or trained by a chef from each country.
- The Red Lane Spa offers spa services from trained estheticians with their own product line.
- The Pirates Island waterpark is a huge draw for the kids. With water slides, a lazy river, a place to get ice cream or desserts and a place to learn to boogie board or surf… it’s a kid’s dream!
- Adult only areas offer some peace and quiet when parents want it. This adult only jacuzzi was my favorite quiet spot.
- The Sandals and Beaches family give back through the Sandals Foundation. Environmental initiatives, education and providing schools with supplies are just some of the things they do.
As a family with a large range of ages and interests, I love that Beaches can cater to all of my family members, including the grandparents! I’m looking forward to my next visit to a Beaches resort.