My favourite salad is the Cobb Salad. It can be made in so many different ways and it is a meal all by itself. I made a Cobb Salad last year and it was a big hit with everyone in the house! Today I made a different variation of the Cobb Salad that I enjoyed even more than the last one.
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 3 cups baby romaine lettuce
- 1 sweet bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 avocado, cut into squares
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1″ squares and fried
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced.
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (I used herbed feta cheese crumble)
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Find a large serving dish and spread the two lettuces on the bottom.
- Spread the chopped bell pepper and avocado on top of the lettuce.
- Evenly distribute the bacon on top, followed by the eggs slices.
- Top with the feta cheese crumble.
- Serve with the salad dressing of your choice.
- Serves 2 as a meal or 6 as a side.
I had this as a side dish one day and as lunch the next. It was delicious with ranch dressing.