Ham is such an easy meal on its own. I always keep a ham in the freezer for days when I don’t have time to prepare a huge meal, but I still want to serve a hearty meal to the family. That being said, I wanted to do something a little more creative than usual, and I really wanted to incorporate some of the fresh vegetables from my garden. I decided to make some ham and cheese quiche cups, and just hoped I could do it in the 15 minute time frame.
The amount of prep time you need will depend on what you have on hand, and I was lucky enough to have grated cheese in the fridge. Here is my recipe and you will see how long it took me at the end of the recipe.
Ham & Cheese Quiche Cup
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cubed ham (small cubes)
- 1 large green onion, chopped including greens
- 1 small diced tomato
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Spray a large muffin tin with non-stick spray and place it in the oven to heat up while you prepare everything else.
- Beat the eggs with a fork in a mixing bowl.
- Add the ham, onion, tomato, salt, pepper and half of the cheese to the bowl, mix thoroughly.
- Top all 12 cups with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked thoroughly.
So it ended up taking me a little more than 20 minutes in total to prepare this meal, which I served with some fresh squash. It’s a little longer than fifteen minutes, but it was a delicious meal! I think they could have been cooked a couple of minutes earlier than I took them out of the oven, but I wanted to be sure they were thoroughly cooked so I waited until I saw more browning.
Discover more delicious meal ideas on the Maple Leaf Foods Facebook page.
I have been compensated for this post, but all opinions expressed are my own, and all recipes and photos are my own.