I’m bumping up an old recipe for everyone who is thinking about entertaining in the upcoming holiday season!
If you want to impress your dinner guests this year, be sure to serve them some delicious dips as appetizers! Whether you are hosting Christmas dinner or gathering some friends together for a game night, dips are always a big hit. This warm bacon artichoke dip is so rich and full of flavour that your guests will all want the recipe. There are many different ways to prepare artichoke dip and here is my recipe.
Bacon Artichoke Dip
- 1 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 heaping tsp minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup cream (35%)
- 1 box (250ml) cream cheese, cut into small squares
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp basil
- Chop the artichokes and save 2 tbsp of marinade. Set aside.
- Crumble 4 slices of bacon. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion, saute until browned.
- Stir in cream and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and increase heat to medium until melted.
- Stir in artichokes, bacon and marinade.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Stir in the basil and half of the parmesan cheese.
- Crumble the remaining bacon strips.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining parmesan and bacon on top.
- Bake for 20 min or until bubbling.
If you want more bacon, you can increase the amount, or use spinach or red pepper to create a different flavour and texture. There are so many ways to adjust this recipe that you are sure to find the flavour that works for you.